FL Studio help.

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Three Poster

FL Studio help.

Postby theoogabear » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:16 am

I am new to the world of music software, I'm using FL Studio 8, and I have no idea where to save VST plugins/instruments I download. Can someone help?

CoreCore Member

Postby VTJHAYV » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:31 am

I don't know does it really matter, butI save them to C:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio 7\Plugins\VST. Then there's the tricky part where you are supposed to let the Fruity search for those plugins. This is done through going to the mixer and then selecting one of those plugin slots for any channel. Then just choose the option "More..." from the menu and on the lower-right corner there is the "Scan" button, i guess. Hope you got it all. Sorry for the bad english. :oops: Hopefully you understood something out of that.

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:39 am

VTJHAYV is right, and fruity search can find most plugins(dll) on the same partition as the program is on.

If your just starting btw, just use all the standard shit thats in Fruity, too much effect posibilitys in the beging of starting to produce just made me use to many effects or not knowing how to start or overfuck a song/etc.

Three Poster

Postby theoogabear » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:46 am

Thank you so much!

Three Poster

Postby theoogabear » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:47 am

PEPCORE wrote:VTJHAYV is right, and fruity search can find most plugins(dll) on the same partition as the program is on.

If your just starting btw, just use all the standard shit thats in Fruity, too much effect posibilitys in the beging of starting to produce just made me use to many effects or not knowing how to start or overfuck a song/etc.

I've been using FL for about 3 months now, but I've never really explored beyond it. I had no idea that I could just download files and use them for FL Studio. This is like a whole new world.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:36 am

I Would Kinda Have To Dissagree With Pepcore Saying Not To Use The (most) Of The Plugins That Come With FL.
I Really Only Use Like Four Plugins That Came With It Stock Anymore.
FL Has A Certain Sound To It.
I Love The Sequencing And Versatility But The Plugins Aren't Really It's Strong Point.

Supah No0b

Postby lifeispeachy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:22 am

Nice theme =)
I'm using FL too, but I don't figure out how can I activate more than 4 patterns in it =(( It must be vary easy, but I still don't know how 2 do it .. Just "open in a new channel" does not fit ..
Can anybody give a hint 4 such dumb ass as me ?

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:35 am

Weird, open in a new channel should work.

I think that might even be one of the only things that should work.

Supah No0b

Postby lifeispeachy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:48 am

Hm .. well, thanX anyway 4 replaying .. will keep glitching =)

Return to Software