logic users

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

CoreCore Member

logic users

Postby BOKO91 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:05 am

Hello

Can someone pls explain to me the difference between the pro 8 and the express 8. Have read that the only difference is 4 high end professional features but don't know what any of them are! there listed as: surround, TDM/DAE support, distributed audio processing (DAP), and support for high-end control sufaces.

Have just managed to get myself an ibook and looking to get logic but just starting out and there is a big price difference. Obviously don't want to get the express addition and then have to get the pro version later on to be able complete tracks to a good quality.

So to sum up, is the express addition good enough to comlete good quality tracks from start to finish or shall i just keep saving my pennies and go for the pro.

Thanks in advance for all your help

N0oO0obZoR

Postby romeo » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:35 pm

The main thing is space designer its one of the best reverb plugins around, apple loops pro has billions but they all suck.

I know of one function on the environement page where you cant turn on and off apreggios with a button in express the button simply doesnt exist but fuck that kind of arpeggio just sequence the notes instead, much better control.

i have pro at college and express at home i feel no need to get pro at all.

It has few extra synths, none really worth a mention except sculpure. It is a realy cool really complicated synth, great for atmospheric shit but its not worth the extra cost, es2 + rotor cabnet and alot of automation makes the maddest atmospheres anyways.

I'm not sure what the fuck DAP is and if you dont know what TDM/DAE is then its obviously not worth spending money on.

To summarise logic pro is basicly aimed for people working on audio for video. For music production i would say fuck it. I would fork out for space designer but not that much. The difference between pro and express is the same as the cost of Izotops ozone. Buy that shit before you even think about upgrading your DAW.

Get express and don't bother with pro unless you start craving space designer, chances are you wont.

Return to Software