sequencer for mac

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Hardcore Member

sequencer for mac

Postby DJ Dijitol Junkey » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:54 am

Anybody know of a sequencer for mac's? preferably free. But if not free then really freakin cheap. I have Logic Express but it does not support vst/au or any of that shit. So I need something that supports external instruments as well. If any one has any ideas, let me know. I don't care how ghetto the program looks. Just as long as it gets the job done! lol

n3wb

Postby dtr0n » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:38 pm

logic express definitely supports au's.

all you gotta do is place the .component file in the '/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components' folder and it will read them when you run the program next.

vst on the other hand... if anyone figures a way of getting those to work on logic let me know.

n3wb

Postby dean » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:34 pm

i used to work with logic up to version 4.7 or something. vst implementation was fine - has apple stopped supporting vst?

Hardcore Member

Postby DJ Dijitol Junkey » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:11 pm

they didn't stop. They only have it in logic pro now which is nearly impossible to steal.

Supah No0b

Postby epilepticfit » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:01 pm

I use Garageband (ouch), Audacity (free), gleetchlab (also free), and that's about it.

:( I have no money.

n3wb

Postby plucking skanker » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:24 pm

you might be able to find a copy of logic8 as a torrent :wink:

you can get vst wrapper for mac that turns vst's into components, haven't tried myself tho.

and like dtr0n say's you ca use au's!

Supah No0b

Postby ReturnTrip » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:00 am

epilepticfit wrote:I use Garageband (ouch), Audacity (free), gleetchlab (also free), and that's about it.

:( I have no money.

I hear that.

If you have an account or know someone who does, search for Rapidshare links for things. I've found A LOT which definitely makes up for the $10 USD I spent on my account.

CoreCore Member

Postby Dr. Bastardo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:34 pm

LOGIC!!! OK its not free but if you plan on making alot of music its well worth it. Are you a student (or at least know someone who is)? You can get a pretty massive reduction if you order it through a university. I think the discounted version is just over £100. Even at full price about £300 its well worth it for the amount of stuff you get in the program. You really don't need much more software once you have it.
www.myspace.com/drbastardo
"Death To All False Rave" Out Now!
Peace Off Ltd 22

Supah No0b

Postby Kreatom » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:01 pm

It sure is worth the money. If you can afford a Mac, i think you also can afford Logic. Had to work for it for a couple of mounths but it is truely worth it!

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby xTxRxAxVxIxSx » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:21 pm

DJ Dijitol Junkey wrote:they didn't stop. They only have it in logic pro now which is nearly impossible to steal.

Not anymore it isn't! :D

I have Logic Pro 8 on my iMac - been working fine for a few months. They finally stopped requiring a USB dongle to use it, that's why it's easier to get now.

Check some torrent sites. :)

Return to Software