FL studio help

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Elite!

FL studio help

Postby Stazma » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:17 pm

Hail guys !

I got a problems with my FL Studio 8. The CPU is totaly instable and I got a sound cut every 5 sec. I don't understand why. Maybe someone can help me ?

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:26 pm

I have that now too, probably because my pc is about to crash again, to much shit running at the same time etc.

Have you installed Asio drivers?, it can reduce latency by a lot.

Elite!

Postby Stazma » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:09 pm

Yes I have the Asio driver with a external audio device and my laptop have less that one years.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:42 pm

This used to happen to me all the time.
Go back to seven?

Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:01 pm

It has been happening to me since about 3 weeks now too, without a reason, i thought it happened because of my automap universal of my midi controller, weird that everybody has the same problem too, i still have 7 installed, and i use it frequently, i go back and forth between version for the fun of it, sucks that they arent compatibe.

Since about 3 weeks, i have the same problem with 8, even if i load up 1 or 2 classic reveerbs, i get like a cpu usage of 30, i dont have a good soundcard though, my specs are 3,4ghz and 2gb ddr2 ram, and asio4all drivers.

I dont know if you guys understand, maybe just paranoid, but thinking about going back to 7, really sucks that they arent interchangeble., really gotta make a final descission now.

Elite!

Postby Stazma » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:38 pm

Hail guys !

I have found a little solution for free some CPU in your (and my) project. When you click in the mixer on the line of your vst effect you can see an option called "smart disable". I don't know exactly what it do but you can free a great space of CPU !

TRY THIS !

Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:15 pm

Yes, i knew of that option, it means after the vst plugin is not called upon (or used) it disables itself, very good for most vsts and whatnot, but you should not use it when you have a very long reveerb of delay because it cuts of after some time(6-8 seconds i believe? not sure) regardless if you still have a delay(or long reveerb) on the note.

But yes it is a very good option for most effects.

Havent used it on FL8 so i'll go back to using it again thanks for reminding me of the option, forgot about it. 8)

Return to Software