Reaktor 5 Help

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

1337 P0ZT3r

Reaktor 5 Help

Postby MarkyPoo » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:18 pm

Just Got Reaktor 5 And I'm Confused As Shit...There Doesn't Seem To Be A Sequencer And If There Is One I Would Love To Know Where It Is....I Feel So Horrible Because I Know My Way Around FL And Reason. :(

Supah No0b

Postby drfyad » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Reaktor isn't anything by itself, it's a synth, it's a sequencer, it's a sampler, it's an effects box, it's anything you want it to be. It's also none of them unless you program it.
It has very loose/vague parallels with reason: an ensemble is like a rack in reason, within that are instruments/fx that you can patch together, like in reason. The difference being you can design your own instruments/fx (or modify other peoples/the stock ones) from the ground up by patching basic modules together.

However you dont have to spend months learning how to build in reaktor or DSP theory, Try loading up some of the Reaktor 5 Library (should be in your reaktor folder) ensembles, there's an array of ace synths, samplers, sequencers, granulators etc. already there.

A good place to get started is the NI forums for Reaktor.
Hope this helps.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:28 am

I Was Aware Of Ensembles And Programming And Had Already Had Some Fun With That But The Sequencing Is Where I'm Lost.
Also Just Got That Key Masher Micro Shit And That Was GERRREEEAT!

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:18 pm

When I was using REAKTOR 3 I just ran it as a VST in ableton and sequenced it there. Maybe try rewiring it or using it as a VST into your other favorite program.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:06 am

That Method Does Work But I Was Going To Program Some Wicked Key Assign Things For The Beat Slicers For A Little Tim Exile Pizazz.

Supah No0b

Postby rawhead » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:59 am

i gave up reaktor for now it just too difficult... :cry:

Supah No0b

Postby zoner » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:34 am

trawling thru the forumz is defo the only way to go on this one.
the guyz there are really helpful, and any questions wil be answered pretty quickly

Postby TechDiff » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:44 pm

Reaktor is an awesome programme, but yeah, steep learning curve. Its worth just figuring out the basics first, get a decent idea of the signal chain so to speak. Once you get your head around the way it works, then it will be much easier to create your own, more complicated instruments.

I dunno if its still about, but a long time ago there was a really easy to follow tutorial for making your own basic synth. It's pretty uninspiring stuff, but it will help you to grasp the essentials, and a place to progress from.

One thing I would say, dont start to try and understand the programme by reverse engineering things like the exile keymasher thingy. Despite seaming very simple, its a fucking mindblowing bit of instrument design, really fkn complex. The same goes for a lot of the stuff on the reaktor user library, awesome instruments, and amazingly complex.

The forum on the NI website is really friendly, and really usefull, people will often go extremely out of their way to help explain things.

Get stuck into it, its the fuckin mutt's, just take your time with it.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:49 pm

Already Building My Own Synths But I Really Only Make Samples In Reaktor.
I Sequence With Other Shit.

Three Poster

Postby zzing » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:18 pm

Check out R5 Ensemble Vectory. It gives a nice touch to breaks and loops.
/Z

Return to Software