"Send to pianoroll"

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Is Babylon retarded for not getting this?

Quite so
67%
I'm equally retarded
33%

Total votes : 6
Pwner

"Send to pianoroll"

Postby Babylon Disco » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:41 am

Guys and gals, seriously... help me out.
I'm just getting into FL8 after having used 6 for a long while, and I notice that there's this kickass-thing called "send to pianoroll" (in slicex, for example)
The thing is that I've only managed to use it 2 times, and I don't know what I did to get it working. It just stays gray and un-clickable.

So, how do you get it to function properly in slicex? Or any other plugin for that matter.

Pwner

Postby Babylon Disco » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:39 pm

And furthermore, how can I use the X/Y-controls in SliceX? I know what they do, I just can't seem to do something useful with them.

CoreCore Member

Postby birth control » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:53 pm

I don't have any FL anymore.. so shoot if I am wrong...

X-Y modulation - Can be used to mix between breaks and offsets of breaks or samples alike.. There are 2 channels in slicex (deck A&B) for layering drums so to use the X-Y to its full potential you need to have boths decks bumping something, then in the Layer drop down menu assign them to the X-Y.

Piano Roll - Load a instrument, record in your MIDI score or whatever..right click on the channel settings, "send to piano roll".. Alt.. if you are without MIDI, load your sample or instrument, channel settings, send to piano roll and draw your score by hand...

Piano roll is excellent with the slicer you can manipulate each individual hit via right clicking on the notes for note vol. pitch. resonane. freq. etc...

anyway, I hope this is somewhat coherent to you! If not I'm sure someone who actually uses FL will be able to help you...

oh yeah and "Getting away with murder" :wink:

Pwner

Postby Babylon Disco » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:32 pm

Thanks for trying, but you're way off on the whole send-to-pianoroll-thingie.
It's like... you know how you can edit the channel-volume (not single-hit velocity) in the pianoroll. You're supposed to be able to do that with any filter (etc) nowdays in the pianoroll, but I can't get it working.

CoreCore Member

Postby birth control » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:29 am

Interesting shit, I thought this was a pretty rudimentary question coming from yourself..you didn't make it clear that you wanted to mess with parameters in piano roll but rather more that you didnt understand it..

Anyway I didn't know you could do this in FL8 so I am useless to you now. Never the less, one thing I liked about FL was the pianoroll and the single hit manipulation..Imagining that you can now paint in a filter in the same window while you can visualy see your score sounds quite enticing...

someone should be able to help you or trial and error?

Pwner

Postby Babylon Disco » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:42 am

So many errors, so little success . (
The strangest thing is that I've made it work once or twice, but I don't know what I did.

And yeah, the pianoroll is great . )

n3wb

Postby oj » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:04 pm

errrrrrrrrrrm i think this is mabye what you wannt.......
adjust the ting you want in slice x or whatever, then click on the top left plug looking thing, last tweaked parameter and then edit events in piano roll and you should be able to adjust that parameter on each single hit..... hope thats what you want, if not, sorry i cant help :(

Pwner

Postby Babylon Disco » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Nah, that's not what I mean, but thanks for trying. I guess I'll have to take a screenshot to explain. Ah damnit, it's so bloody complicated to describe over the internets when I'm barely fluent in english as it is.

Pwner

Postby Babylon Disco » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:13 am

Hah! Mystery solved! Oh what a foolish squid I have been!
It's all about opening the pianoroll first, then adding "send to pianoroll"
Haha, ISUX!

Elite!

Postby cuttingagent » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:59 am

fuck man i didnt know you could send plugin params to piano roll in the first place. any idea if fl4 has that feature?
([agent.)]

Pwner

Postby Babylon Disco » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:36 am

It does not, this was included after 6.3 (I think in 8.0)

Return to Software