Deckadance

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

CoreCore Member

Deckadance

Postby 133crazydirector » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:44 pm

Yeah, this is some DJ stuff haha))
Can anyone tell me, is it possible to play somehow .flac files there?
Any extra-ways of doin' dis?

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby xTxRxAxVxIxSx » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:12 pm

Err, I doubt it.

I'm sure there are some really good, free utilities out there to convert from FLAC to "X format" though. If you're on a Mac, there's this one called Max - works really well. I have no idea of any for Windows. I've never looked.

Wouldn't loading up a couple FLAC files to mix be kind of overkill anyway? I can only imagine the memory/CPU it would take to have a few loaded and ready to cue.

CoreCore Member

Postby 133crazydirector » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Hmm...It's just 4 home use, i got much of tunes in flac and don't got place on harddisk to encode dem )))
So, i want to play in deckadance only, but flac =))

Hardcore Member

Postby kazakore » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:46 pm

xTxRxAxVxIxSx wrote:
Wouldn't loading up a couple FLAC files to mix be kind of overkill anyway? I can only imagine the memory/CPU it would take to have a few loaded and ready to cue.

"FLAC is asymmetric in favor of decode speed. Decoding requires only integer arithmetic, and is much less compute-intensive than for most perceptual codecs. Real-time decode performance is easily achievable on even modest hardware. "

I know I've seen people say it takes less computational power than decoding an mp3, which most DJ software uses, so don't know why you think FLAC would be problematic.

You running on PC? Is there a plugins folder you could try copying the codec into?

CoreCore Member

Postby 133crazydirector » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:48 pm

Well, there's no actually(
Yeah, i'am on PC fuckin' windows xp lolz:D

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby xTxRxAxVxIxSx » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:49 pm

kazakore wrote:"FLAC is asymmetric in favor of decode speed. Decoding requires only integer arithmetic, and is much less compute-intensive than for most perceptual codecs. Real-time decode performance is easily achievable on even modest hardware. "

I know I've seen people say it takes less computational power than decoding an mp3, which most DJ software uses, so don't know why you think FLAC would be problematic.

Damn, didn't know that. I figured better quality, higher sample rates, etc = more CPU usage, period. That's good to know.

Still, most programs probably don't support FLAC, do they?

CoreCore Member

Postby 133crazydirector » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:53 pm

yeah, that's why i post this :DDD
I want dis shhiiit on dis exellent program))

Hardcore Member

Postby kazakore » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:49 am

xTxRxAxVxIxSx wrote:Still, most programs probably don't support FLAC, do they?

Well the most well know and used Dj software supports it. Namely Taktor (at least from version 3.)

When trying to find any mention of getting it to work with Deckadance I also saw what looked like a couple of other budget/free ones that supported it (but they were probably crap.)

Also has quite wide hardware support, at least compared to any other lossless compression. I would say you're probably more likely to be able to play a flac file on your mp3 player than an ogg file, even though both are free standards.

There's a list of software and hardware on the Wikipedia page, although I doubt it's truly comprehensive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flac

Afraid I know almost nothing about Deckadance and it's formats though. Have you tried asking in the Image line forums or something? Or are they just a bunch of assholes?

CoreCore Member

Postby 133crazydirector » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:53 am

Hmm...Well, after my work on FL i would say they are :lol:
But deckadance is a real deal, try it man!

I need to ask on their forums, thx 4 idea :)

Return to Software