What programs do you use?

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Three Poster

Postby Dionell » Thu May 17, 2007 7:59 pm

cubase sx2 , rebirth , sound forge :)

Three Poster

Postby deltron303 » Wed May 23, 2007 3:01 am

I use open mpt for my sequencer, ableton for messing with sounds or making loops, audio mulch for sound design too and for playing live (soon), and a bunch of freeware plugins, i have also been using max/msp but that's going to take a while to learn

Three Poster

Postby inty » Tue May 29, 2007 7:10 pm

I'm trying to do something meaningful with Ardour.

CoreCore Member

Postby Dj Doreetoh » Tue May 29, 2007 7:47 pm

ableton live 4 / goldwave / heaps of VSTs :arrow:

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Tue May 29, 2007 9:16 pm

Is abelton a sequencer program?, i thought it was for live mixing of existing songs, didn't know you could als make songs with them.

When i get a new pc, i'm certainlly gonna download the program and check it out, for mixing purposes i mean.

Gr33tz

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Tue May 29, 2007 11:28 pm

PEPCORE wrote:Is abelton a sequencer program?, i thought it was for live mixing of existing songs, didn't know you could als make songs with them.

When i get a new pc, i'm certainlly gonna download the program and check it out, for mixing purposes i mean.

Gr33tz

You can make tracks, dj, remix, perform with ableton.

As for my gear:

Ableton live 5(I need to upgrade it to 6), Adobe audition/goldwave(for sampling, editing), REAKTOR, and shit load of VST's, M-audio Trigger finger. I hope to upgrade some stuff soon and get another midi keyboard to go with my trigger finger. Wish I had a laptop to perform with.

REAKTOR and Max/msp are about the same, they are hard as hell to learn, but the stuff you can do with em is limitless.

CoreCore Member

Postby Dj Doreetoh » Wed May 30, 2007 10:43 am

Do u produce/sequence with ableton?

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Thu May 31, 2007 3:11 am

Yup pretty much do it all in ableton. I'll usually boot up my track compiled in .wav and do some sound level tweeking to get things nice and louder. One day I'll get protools and learn that, but for now I make due with what I got.

CoreCore Member

Postby Dj Doreetoh » Thu May 31, 2007 9:39 am

fancy a collab? :D

n3wb

ware

Postby cock knee cunt » Thu May 31, 2007 4:23 pm

i use Reason, Acid4 & coolpro edit. but used loads of stuff over the years. quartet & cubase on atari, fast tracker on amiga. 4-tracks & reel to reels.

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Thu May 31, 2007 10:24 pm

Dj Doreetoh wrote:fancy a collab? :D

Let me finish a new track and get some free time. Then I'll be up for some collab stuff.

Three Poster

Postby epicaricacy » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:43 pm

i started out using acid music 2.0 way back when, eventually upgrading to acid pro 4. i was also using audiomulch and a crapload of vsts for tweaking and manipulating samples, and sound forge to "acidize" the loops i would make. i also liked to use my old fender twin reverb amp with a blown speaker and an effects chain as a way to "process" breaks. it's kind of a pain in the ass, but i haven't found a single effect, VST or otherwise, that could emulate that.

for a while i was using max/msp almost exclusively for live and studio stuff. max/msp is extremely flexible, but i felt like i was spending way too much time with my nose stuck in the manual, and it got frustrating. then i got married, moved into a smaller house w/o room for all of my gear, and my computer died, and ended up having to work a second job, in that order... so i guess making music went by the wayside.

now i'm learning how to use ableton live 6. seems pretty solid.

Postby BYTE-Smasher » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:48 pm

RENOISE FTW!! :D
Last edited by BYTE-Smasher on Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<b>Come visit #renoise on irc.esper.net, the official Renoise channel, and chat with some real renoise gurus!</b>
/server irc.esper.net
/join #renoise

n3wb

Postby Barnum » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:43 pm

Using FLstudio (since the first version,loooongtime ago) and thousands of freeware vsts and sound forge
Anyone using Brainspawn Forte? I've heard its was made specialy for live performances.

Reason sucks

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby fap* » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:38 pm

i have been running (learning) abelton live for about 4 years...prolly longer i just cant remember when i picked up version 2. i remember showing to to some friends, look you can trigger samples off of the laptop keyboard! I was telling them, this app is going to change music production as we know it. it took a few years for people to catch on...i think a lot of ppl thought the interface was dull...i prefer to think of it a simple. but damn over the past year the shit have taken off.

currently running;

abelton live 6 running on 3 or 4 laptops...another laptop running soundforge for recording. reaktor, i have a huge reaktor library that i have been gathering for about the past 2 years. vsts...too many to list...i love the OHMFORCE/OHMBOYS stuff and the Arturia and NI stuff are killer.

i have about 10 or so VAIO laptops and 2 Dell servers (for samples and storage)

i have a final scratch setup for djing and an x-session with torq also for djing...i have been djing for almost 20 years, so these are great apps for me!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::fap*:::::

PreviousNext

Return to Software