What am I missing about Renoise?!?

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Hardcore Member

Postby czar3030 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:40 am

pimperteen wrote: you're better off setting the speed to 1 and the bpm to the actual tempo you want cos then you can tempo sync with vsts and you get the high resolution too.
I cant get the speed to show on my screen?! I only have an LPB option where speed is usually and I cant figuire out why!..Any help?

Pwncall Member

Postby s-n-s » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:00 pm

speed is gone have been since 2,1

Postby BYTE-Smasher » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:05 pm

The key to Renoise is realizing that the power is in the pattern effects. Destructively chopping beats by copying and pasting drum hits into new samples is a bit different than chopping them by slicing waveforms on an arranger, but it's alot more precise, and gives you exactly the sound you want in a shorter amount of time, without as much mucking about with the mouse. Almost everything in Renoise can be done via keyboard, which also makes it infinitely faster than mouse based sequencers.
<b>Come visit #renoise on irc.esper.net, the official Renoise channel, and chat with some real renoise gurus!</b>
/server irc.esper.net
/join #renoise

Pwncall Member

Postby s-n-s » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:43 pm

not quite what he asked,but yeah your right,it is faster to make crazy shit

Supah No0b

Postby pn3228 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:44 am

You know, I downloaded renoise two days ago and it's been quite resistant to my attempts to make music with. If only someone in this tiny town knew how to use it...

Previous

Return to Software