How to do 'breakcore'

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Hardcore Member

Postby kazakore » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:34 pm

weyheyhey !! wrote:
phleg wrote:and fake men use "09xy"
:lol:

I use that all the time ...................

There is no 09xy!

Postby Invaderzim » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:26 pm

Ableton is seriously sick for breakcore just because of the amazing timewarp functions, and the fact that you can re-edit a break/noise really easily!!!

Supah No0b

Postby dscoma » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:53 pm

Breakcore = Reason + Cubase + Reanoise + ReCycle + Sound Forge and VSTi and light head :D

Supah No0b

Postby dscoma » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Add: Ableton Live can be used for some moments as well

Supah No0b

Postby LUNG » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:08 am

Can anyone steer me somewhere that I can get the basics for renoise. I am completely new to tracking.

n0Ob

Postby burnsdc » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:18 am

just getting into the prod side of it now, been with reason for almost 2 years now, switching to renoise is gonna be like learning another language, frustrating......

does anyone know of any good tut sites? what is the most recommended drum programmer for making beats to then slice up in renoise?

cheers

Supah No0b

Postby Akuma » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:11 pm

How the hell can you make breakcore in ableton?

I can only find soft drums and so instead of the mindcrushing shit Id like to hear.

Supah No0b

Postby Evilsounds » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:35 am

Boooo! Ive tryed and played With alot of these softwares. Nor am I that good at all i need to spend time just sticking with one even when the going gets tough! Buzz was for me and i love trackers but now im making the move to renoise ive been checking and researching into it seems the place to be for breakcore beginners! But C'est La vie its just trial and error with them all!

Three Poster

Postby endekks » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:07 pm

I've been using Ableton Live. And Reaktor. Gotta use that Reaktor.

Supah No0b

Postby RU2HG3RM » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:37 am

you can understand basics on audacity because there is function to editing sound line. I use this program wery much to resampling and making new order in my music
u can zoom line and edit it and then use some of effects.I thing that audacity is something like photoshop but with music

Three Poster

Postby zzing » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:33 pm

The problem w high-end sw like cubase and prootools etc. it they are made for "professional" music making, which in most cases is music for commercials, TV shows, muzak etc. And when u try to make breakcore with this kind software, spirits and ghosts of professional music comes slowly creeping into your stuff and makes it sound like sh*t unless very disciplined.
/Z

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:04 pm

i love pro tools, but it sucks for making breakcore. all you need to make breakcore is some sort of sampler with a sequencer. i use reason personally because i like the way the sampler works, but essentially, its not the software you use, its how you prepare your samples. i use audacity for slicing and effects.

just because venetian snares uses renoise doesnt mean thats the only way to make breakcore. some of the best shit ive heard was made on shitty hacked gameboys (baseck ftw)

i know that renoise has some stuff that makes sequencing breakcore faster, but sometimes, taking your time is the best way to make sure your stuff is good.

basicaly there are many means to an end, but the essentials are knowing how samplers work and how sequencers work.

n0Ob

Postby kipper » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:16 pm

Hey people, I've just downloaded the renoise demo as i'm just about o start making breakcore/gabba..whoo! does anyone have the serial/crack for it for mac version per chance???????

Cheers,

K

:D
:shock:
:twisted:

Pwncall Member

Postby s-n-s » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:20 pm

kipper wrote:Hey people, I've just downloaded the renoise demo as i'm just about o start making breakcore/gabba..whoo! does anyone have the serial/crack for it for mac version per chance???????

Cheers,

K

:D
:shock:
:twisted:

man buy it if you wanna use it,its really cheap :evil:

Supah No0b

Postby streetchild » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:54 pm

I use to use audition 3, until my trial ran out, It was good for some 30 days. I hate looking for softwares and then their cracks because those hacker sites allways fuck up my computer. Now I've been using Audacity. It was recommended to me, so I decided to try it.
I haven't been making tracks for too long, I still find it pretty hard. =( I'm downloading Renoise right now. Theres alot of hype going on about that here.

PreviousNext

Return to Software