How to do 'breakcore'

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Three Poster

Postby krisistterrorcell » Sat May 16, 2009 9:46 am

ableton + reaktor + reason

hands down! :P

Postby ClarinetCore » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:56 pm

How do you do breakcore, you ask? Well, let me tell you you can use anything (meaning ANYTHING) to do/make breakcore. Clap your hands and yell a lot and record that into audacity. Then chop it up free style, there you go! Awesome breakcore track in no time!

You can use any music making software to make breakcore too, so don't listen to these fools who praise renoise or ableton or reason. Personally I use garage band! :D

Seriously though, it all comes down more too your willingness to spend time on each track you're making too make sure it has a rise too excellence. Get a cool sample library going and start breakcore-ing it up. That's the best advice I can give anyone trying to make any music, just try to make it your own.

But if you want to sound like another artist who you enjoy listening to, well, I guess you need to really start listening to yourself first and maybe think about how you could take your own tracks to a new level. If you ever have an artists block, go read something. Well so mamamaya

n0Ob

Postby oliverfoxx » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:59 pm

stubaines wrote:im gonna start tryin 2 make some breakcore. is it possible 2 make decent tunes with reason, ableton, cubase, etc..... or do u need fancier stuff???

ummm, im not sure if this is correct, but 'venetian snares' uses renoise to create some of his music. it's said that hes used many of the software mentioned to create music.

Supah No0b

Postby lifeispeachy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:18 am

Emmmm .. :)
does FL fits to all that U've just discussed?))
I mean ABLETON is nice 4 live sets, but I can't figure out how can U possibly write music in it O_O

Supah No0b

Postby UBAHgypak » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:31 pm

Ableton+GB Original

n3wb

Re: How to do 'breakcore'

Postby japù » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:32 pm

:A16
Can anyone give me any tips or point me to tutorials how to create breakcore type stuff in tracker software?

Thanks

n0Ob

Postby Kiwitekk » Fri May 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Ableton Live is good shit! Just drag the drum-sounds into impulse, make a beat and then add beat-repeat! Just that simple :)
I gave up renoise real quickly because all those numbers were making me go bezerk!

Postby ErotiCore SteNch » Fri May 21, 2010 3:00 pm

renoise+trigger patterns with novation launchpad+voxengo recorder

arrange in live intro

Postby mindkontrolultra » Sat May 22, 2010 1:19 am

does not matter what you use - different daws suit different peoples workflow

ableton is awesome for breakcore... used to use fruity and renoise just for sequencing (used to sequence out whole tracks - yawn!!!) but I'm findin drum rack isn't so bad for sequencing and routing and i have the advantage of jamming out bits of my tunes more in ableton

i often start a track in renoise still because the way you sequence in it is so unique

fruity is awesome for its instruments no doubt

Previous

Return to Software