I want to create breakcore, please advise me on how!!!!!

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n0Ob

I want to create breakcore, please advise me on how!!!!!

Postby EdisonMax » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:34 pm

Im wanting to know how to "create" breakcore. My favourite music is Rossz csillag alatt született by Venetian Snares. I want to make music like this and create breakcore with violins and classical music. What software/hardware will i need to get and how do i learn it??? ANy advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Pwncall Member

Postby hue-e » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:07 pm

I dont do it this way personally, but might be good for a noob.

buy a blender. throw some gravel in it. take some bad 80s pop or gangster wrap, or anything really and pitch it so it sounds like they got kicked in the nuts... then take a rex drum loop and radomize the slices a few times, speed it up to 220 and drop some distortion on it. re-record it back thru a cassette player and turn some effects knobs entirely to much, then pass around your mp3.
hue-e
[ www.destroyer.net | www.usjungle.net | www.devilmusicmusic.com | www.hue-e.com - austin, tx]

**DUMPSTER DUO w/ HUE-E & ALAN**
LIVE ON www.destroyer.net/radio
EVERY TUESDAY, 6-8PM CST

Pwncall Member

Postby JBL » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:37 pm

hue-e wrote:I dont do it this way personally, but might be good for a noob.

buy a blender. throw some gravel in it. take some bad 80s pop or gangster wrap, or anything really and pitch it so it sounds like they got kicked in the nuts... then take a rex drum loop and radomize the slices a few times, speed it up to 220 and drop some distortion on it. re-record it back thru a cassette player and turn some effects knobs entirely to much, then pass around your mp3.

that's actually what I've been doing for this song:

http://ihatebreakcore.com/modules.php?n ... ck&tid=671

Three Poster

Postby CaoutchoucMilisec » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:42 pm

This is awfull .Why do you want to imitate an artist?I really belive you will get nowhere.Yes be inspired by an artist but don't try to replicate.No fun!Just start exploring and have fun.I would recommend Renoise,it's a nice piece of software. :wink:

Breakcore Member

Postby nsound » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:34 pm

for violin v/s breakcore get a copy of east west strings rompler thing then get hold of a tracker and set the bpm really really fast, load up 20 or so drum breaks and then close your eyes and type gibberish as fast as you can - go back later and cut it up to fuck and distort the bitch.

or just sample v/snares..

N0oO0obZoR

Postby BetarQo » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:38 am

hey JBL just wanna say to your track,like it yeaach nice shit man,good samples and your creativity is good

Supah No0b

Postby ACIDBABY » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:38 am

Breakore all the fucking rules..

CoreCore Member

Postby birth control » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:07 pm

Edirol Orchestral is worth checking out. East West also do a Gypsy style machine. The good thing about Gypsy is that it has Vegato for strings so you can blend strings together like a real violin would when you cross 2 strings. Also bowing direction changes 8)

http://www.roland.com/PRODUCTS/EN/HQ-OR/index.html

http://www.soundsonline.com/Quantum-Leap-Gypsy-pr-EW-172.html

if you really appreciate strings, why not buy a violin and learn how to play it, learning to play the instrument itself will probably benefit you more...

Pwner

Postby phleg » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:06 am

type -random before a character has been choosen by someone...

(dude, it's a DOTA command) :shock:

Return to Software