Alec's at it again

Shoot the shit, and talk about whatever here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Platinum Poster!

Alec's at it again

Postby djtheblade » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:02 pm

Not sure if anyone on here has had to bare witness to the latest poo slugging fest on Alec Empire's Facebook wall, but once again he's fired off a brief albeit highly damning indictment of the fake ass music that is called modern Breakcore (Everything post 1998). Unfortunately I can't link an individual wall post on here, but anyone who has him on Facebook can scroll down to a couple of days ago where he posted a link to The Peak on youtube, accompanied with some slander. What followed in the comments section was some tit for tat, with some people being less tactful than myself, resorting to simple 4 letter words rather than coherent sentences :)

Any way, I feel so compelled to not only stick up for the music I love but also to stick up for the people involved with it (you guyz included) that i'm gonna write a proper, well thought out response and post it up as some shitty, worthless blog some place on the internet, for Alec and anyone else to read. His account is so damning that a counter-argument must be placed because I just don't feel happy letting him indoctrinate his angsty fan-base with what basically amounts to an ill-informed crap-in-pants name calling session.

In short, he's basically referred to everything post DHR as a catastrophic screw up, totally illegitimate and unworthy of being considered Breakcore at all. Most of us probably won't care what he thinks, we'll continue making whatever music we want, but someone's gotta say something on our behalf.

Any way, if anyone else is interested in contributing/writing their own piece in defense of modern Breakcore i'd happily stick it up on the Marrionette website along with mine.

Luv u all

xLyttonx

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:31 pm

damn, sometimes it's hard for me to follow (because i didn't pay much attention at english class)
Once i saw alec doing live in a forest quite recently. I loved his music, there were moments that gave me goospumps and make me wander: should i stay, can i handle this mad music?!
On the other half, i did hear some of his opinions about breakcore and he probably thinks i'm a laugh and not worth living and shit. But i don't give a fuck, realy.
Yes were gonna make more of this stuff and we will call it breakcore, crossbreed, acid, humpa-pa, and whatever we feel like. I don't mind that he got his own opinion. My grandpa and neighboors says that my music sucks too.
I'm not going ape shit about the definition of breakcore. Lets make some music insteed. Show daddy some love!

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:56 pm

HEY ! For the next contest...let's do a alec empire remix contest!

Rules:
1.Remix alec empire's stuff
2.Make it 'breakcore' in your own way

Platinum Poster!

Postby djtheblade » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:34 am

That's actually a really good idea, nothing will get on his tits more than a load of shitty laptop remixes of his tracks :)

I'm in

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:58 am

Hahah, yes good idea. :shock: Im in tooooooooooooooooo!

CoreCore Member

Postby Mathlovsky » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:31 pm

curious to see your open letter :)
soundcloud.com/mathlovsky

Elite!

Postby ohmega sir » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:27 pm

who gives a fuck what his opinion is? ill make the music i want to and if he or anyone else doesnt like it they can fuck off,
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby SweetPeaPod » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:52 pm

He's just the douche to have ihatebreakcore shut down for such an antic.
I mean really. He's just like anyone else out there who swears 'it was cool when i did it, In my hay day, But its not cool now cause im not involved'.

What? You dont like the fact that you have no control over the progression of breakcore? You don't like that there are people doing things different than you? Well that is supurb.

Can i just say, i think it's a bit gay to be so possessive about any genre of music (i mean the bad gay, not the good gay).
To feel ownership over a movement, and the ego it takes to say someone doesnt belong in 'your' scene. To get mad at the existance of those who mean nothing to you. This is how u spend your time? Fuck!
Get over yourself already! You will always be your biggest fan. At least u got that going for you.
Now, put on your cool-boy clothes, wear that straight brim hat, roll you windows down, and blast your awesome underground music loud and clear so everyone knows how cool you are for choosing that genre.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby djkaos » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:04 pm

ohmega sir wrote:who gives a fuck what his opinion is? ill make the music i want to and if he or anyone else doesnt like it they can fuck off,

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Platinum Poster!
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 1 votes

Postby Feutus Lapdance » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Fuck him....Patric Catani is what DHC made awesome...

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:58 pm

Candie Hank :D love his stuff!

Platinum Poster!

Postby djtheblade » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Kraftwerk

Pwner

Postby DISEMBOWELLED » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:30 pm

Ive "liked" his page but not friends with his profile, I'm guessing he posted via the latter as I can't see it. I await your response though, I'm sure it will be as eloquent as ever

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:07 am

alec empire googles himself on a hourly basis, and he will see this post, and i just wanted to say to him "FUCK YOU!!"

the dude has a reddit account, all his posts are about himself, it's fucking pathetic how self obsessed the dude is.

the dude is the beetle juice of the internet, except you just have to say his name once. don't be surprised if you see him reply to this post.

https://ssl.reddit.com/user/Alec_Empire
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

Platinum Poster!

Postby djtheblade » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:18 pm

He's since messaged me trying to clear up a few of the things he's said. I think the language barrier may sometimes be the problem because I kinda get the impression he interprets everything as antagonism, and it certainly feels like everything he says is antagonistic. He's clarified that he's played with a bunch of modern producers and has respect for them, but that doesn't clear up whether they're allowed to call themselves Breakcore or not for using laptops.

Actually, this whole thing is so boring that i'm just going to do something like release an EP of Breakcore, made on my laptop, just like I always do. Rad!

Next

Return to General