Crossbreed...

Shoot the shit, and talk about whatever here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Hardcore Member

Postby Sense of Direction » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:34 am

Sei2ure - Rocket fuel

That's not crossbreed, it's industrial hardcore wit some breaks in it.

Try searching for "Primitive" by the Outside Agency on sustained records and you'll see what I mean.

That is another down right industrial hardcore track.
Pretty easy to see the hardcore influence in hardcore tracks, innit?

Platinum Poster!

Postby djtheblade » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:18 am

I'd say they're both tracks which contain d'n'b/breaks elements. The thing is you're referring to Crossbreed which is really a term that very few of the artists are using, I think you've lifted it from the Genosha crossbreed series which features TOA and some guest appearences, but, as ohmega has already pointed out, genre naming can sometimes cause unecessary pigeonholing and we should view these tracks under a wider, more creative banner of experimental Hardcore with d'n'b influences. Whereas you refer to this sort of thing as Crossbreed, other people are calling it Drumstep, Core and Bass, Skullstep Hardcore, pots'n'pans Hardcore...................the list of daft names goes on, I think each artist has their own preference just to help their audience get an idea of what sort of sound they're going for.

Either way Rocket fuel and Primitive both have ultra solid d'n'b/Pots and pans influences I reckon, the blast breaks are very pronounced in them. If you're referring to the Genosha releases purely then on the whole i'd say their Hardcore elements are less overdriven and distorted, so I can see why you don't find them Hardcore enough, but the sustain on the 4/4 kicks is undoubtedly routed in Hardcore, and many formerly Hardcore producers are now embracing these collab projects so it makes sense that some Hardcore influence is going to leak through.

Hardcore Member

Postby Sense of Direction » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:46 am

There's a group of artists that are pushing this one sound(Genosha 175 style) on a bunch of different labels that I don't think sounds like it has,lets say enough hardcore influence, especially with all the dubstep stuff they are adding to it. cheers for the opinion. :lol:

CoreCore Member

Postby Mathlovsky » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:29 pm

The tracks i mostly make are drum n bass with hardcore influences or the other way around. www.soundcloud.com/mathlovsky tracks like wrecked and traum you could call crossbreed or core n bass. It features the 4/4 feel of hc music but with the vibe of dnb. That is what makes crossbreed or core n bass as i mostly call it. Either way, i dj mixing dnb tracks with hardcore tracks as that for me is the most exciting. Just my view offcourse
soundcloud.com/mathlovsky

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:08 pm

ohmega sir wrote:why oh why ever time something ever so slightly different comes out do we feel a need to give it a name and number and genre etc, how bout everyone just starts enjoying the music for what it is, music! i dont think i have ever sat down and gone ok today i am only going to listen to drumstepcorebasspopspeed, i just listen to what i like regardless of what other people call it

+1

i know when you give it a name, you can relate if it's you're cup of tea or not.
but damn, it's getting too much for me. when i hear names like lollicore or crossbreed, there starts a monkey in my brain bashing drums wich makes me laugh. not the names, just the monkey

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 pm

PEPCORE wrote:I dunno, maybe i'm just weird and pretty drunk,.

hahah, as always :D

CoreCore Member

Postby Mathlovsky » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:23 pm

there are to many names for styles thats true.
soundcloud.com/mathlovsky

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:16 am

its just another art form, ever so slightly different than those before it.

Ideologically there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with it. (doesnt really support anything exploitative or hurtful in and of itself)

Aesthetically, if you like dnb, if you like hardcore, chances are it sounds good to you. If you like bcore mainly because it doesnt sound clean and acceptable, chances are you will not enjoy it.

Everyday the profound, the extreme, the hardcore is redefined. If you don't dig your sound being sold out or made acceptable you've gotta keep up with culture and find a new extreme.

"Stealing" from breakcore has to be some kind of joke.

Pwner

Postby meatsweeper » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:45 am

divtech wrote:its just another art form, ever so slightly different than those before it.

Ideologically there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with it. (doesnt really support anything exploitative or hurtful in and of itself)

Aesthetically, if you like dnb, if you like hardcore, chances are it sounds good to you. If you like bcore mainly because it doesnt sound clean and acceptable, chances are you will not enjoy it.

Everyday the profound, the extreme, the hardcore is redefined. If you don't dig your sound being sold out or made acceptable you've gotta keep up with culture and find a new extreme.

I completelty agree...

"Stealing" from breakcore has to be some kind of joke.

Previous

Return to General