Starting A New Album (The Square Album) - Zwaken

Shoot the shit, and talk about whatever here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

CoreCore Member

Starting A New Album (The Square Album) - Zwaken

Postby Zwaken » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:12 am

Hey guys!

I've been working on some new material, and have decided to make my first full length album!

It will mostly be like my first release (Just a Noise Tank) but since it'll be a full release (opposed to 5 tracks) I will be exploring some different styles that I've been messing with lately. The new album will be titled "The Square Album"

Here's a taste of what you can expect to hear on the album:

De(con)struct
Summoner's Riff (Will be revised and made into a full track)
Boris' Shimmer (Remix of "1" by Boris Clitoris)

Expect this release to have about 8-9 full length tracks (about 2:30 long) probably a larger track or two (about 5:00 - 6:00 long) and then plenty (around 5) of fun filler tracks, including intros, transitions and bits of humor (about 0:15 - 1:00 long)

Idea for artwork: (If anyone wants to help me with artwork, that be greatly appreciated, as I am not very talented with that sort of thing. I just want to keep the same idea, because the shape actually includes each letter of ZWAKEN, and has a square border, hence the title "The Square Album." Also, that arrangement of the square will be my logo from now on.)

I'll probably be pitching this album idea to Braincore Recordings, but if anyone else has any other good ideas for a free net label, I'll consider it.

Looking for some feedback / criticism for the idea. Thanks!

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:24 am

heeeeyaaa! i'm looking forward to it!

for the artwork i'm not into that either, but i'm happy with the fact you're making an album. sounds good, the whole arrangement with shorter/longer tracks, also the variation i like :)

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Sounds interesting man, i'll be looking forward for it.

Elite!

Postby ohmega sir » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:36 pm

nice one man! looking foward to full release sure the guys at Braincore would be up for putting it out! but also check out NKS international they are always looking for talented people! also i think the cover is cool for a logo, its like sigal magick which is always cool and sick as fuck but id prob just use it for a logo rather than for the full album cover unless you can maybe find someone who could put some sort of image behind it, unfortunatly im no good at these things either
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

CoreCore Member

Postby Zwaken » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:20 pm

Thanks guys, it's good to know that people actually give a shit about the music that I make :P When I first started making music, I thought I was making music that only I was interested in, but it turns out that more people care than I really would've thought. It's good to know that some people like what I do and actually care about what I'm doing next :D Makes me feel like I'm doing something not just for myself, but for a small community when I make songs :)

I just sent an email to Braincore Recordings with all of the information I just gave you guys, and let them know that it's still just a work in progress. I hope they like the idea.

Return to General