Breakcore Zine

Shoot the shit, and talk about whatever here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Postby maidenchina » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:45 am

I'm going on an exchange to Belgium next year (September) :D

Three Poster

Postby void » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:22 am

This whole 3 post thing bugs the shit out of me

Pwncore Member

Postby Cra_Core » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:54 am

maidenchina wrote:I'm going on an exchange to Belgium next year (September) :D

You will have a great time! Belgium has everything u need, and also its real easy to get anywhere in europe from here, amsterdam is 3 hours away, paris is 3 hours away, london is 2 hours, berlin 6 hours, all on the train and it will only cost like 50 euro to get there.

Postby maidenchina » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Cra_Core wrote:

You will have a great time! Belgium has everything u need, and also its real easy to get anywhere in europe from here, amsterdam is 3 hours away, paris is 3 hours away, london is 2 hours, berlin 6 hours, all on the train and it will only cost like 50 euro to get there.

yeah, I'm really excited, I'll be at ULB studying french
the only thing is I know it's going to be expensive compared to Canada, so I'm going to be living as cheaply as possible, and using all my extra money to go to shows and buy weed
I mean, how much would you say it costs to live in Belgium for a year?

Elite!

Postby ohmega sir » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:59 pm

is canada still really cheap?? a few of my friend who stay here now are from van city and they say everything over here is really expensive compared to back home but they have been here bout 10 years

always wanted to move to canada cos scotland and glasgow in particular sucks

Pwncore Member

Postby Cra_Core » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:50 am

maidenchina wrote:
Cra_Core wrote:

the only thing is I know it's going to be expensive compared to Canada, so I'm going to be living as cheaply as possible, and using all my extra money to go to shows and buy weed

If your rent is already paid for then id say around 600 euros a month is a resonable amount to live on, u cud get by happily on that. When i work full time id spend around 1000-1200 a month, 400 in rent, 200 food, 100 coke, 200 weed, 100 internet + bills, 200 for partying.
As Europe goes belgium is still pretty good value for money. Food is a bit pricey here, specially compared to places like england or germany.
Let me know when ur heading this way, i can hook u up for drugs n stuff ^^ I live about 5 mins walk from the ULB campus.

CoreCore Member

Postby Infekkted » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:07 pm

I believe what is rather interesting in breakcore's political side is that although it has a political direction it will hardly become militant. Just because it is lacking the vocals to support its political message -and still, a sample or two, or a political title is not enough. That's what, in my eyes, makes it more part of a context of political anti-authoritarian rather than the expression of it through music -still being unconventional, however, according to the musical standards.

Yesterday, as I read the paper and found out that Ireland is in the same deep shit as Greece, I was thinking if something like a festival with both discussions about the economic crisis and the IMF's impact on a country's economy, plus any other subjects, mixed with a hard breakcore after-party (eg with shere kahnn and whoever else). I believe this is a far better way to relate things and cultures alongside with political and musical tendencies. May be too specific, but what the hell, it's just the reality I live in for now.

Postby maidenchina » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:21 pm

ohmega sir wrote:is canada still really cheap?? a few of my friend who stay here now are from van city and they say everything over here is really expensive compared to back home but they have been here bout 10 years

always wanted to move to canada cos scotland and glasgow in particular sucks

I guess I spend about $800 a month on everything, which is like 570 euros or something
but that's if I eat the cheapest foods, like oats every morning and some fruit, and maybe vegetables and rice at night
I pay $480 a month in rent, which includes electricity, internet, laundry
I spend maybe $30-40 dollars a week on pot, which is 3 or 4 grams, and I hardly ever drink

seriously though, if you come to canada, come to the west coast

Postby maidenchina » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Cra_Core wrote:
maidenchina wrote:
Cra_Core wrote:

If your rent is already paid for then id say around 600 euros a month is a resonable amount to live on, u cud get by happily on that. When i work full time id spend around 1000-1200 a month, 400 in rent, 200 food, 100 coke, 200 weed, 100 internet + bills, 200 for partying.
As Europe goes belgium is still pretty good value for money. Food is a bit pricey here, specially compared to places like england or germany.
Let me know when ur heading this way, i can hook u up for drugs n stuff ^^ I live about 5 mins walk from the ULB campus.

that's not too bad, I guess I just need to find cheap rent
lol i'll definitely look you up

Elite!

Postby ohmega sir » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:49 pm

maidenchina wrote:
ohmega sir wrote:
I guess I spend about $800 a month on everything, which is like 570 euros or something
but that's if I eat the cheapest foods, like oats every morning and some fruit, and maybe vegetables and rice at night
I pay $480 a month in rent, which includes electricity, internet, laundry
I spend maybe $30-40 dollars a week on pot, which is 3 or 4 grams, and I hardly ever drink

seriously though, if you come to canada, come to the west coast

thats not too bad its about the same as i spend tho my rent is £440including internet etc and about£80 on weed but thats about 1/2 oz so it works out abit cheaper in canada ill get there one day hopefully u know what the deal with visa's is if u want to stay for a long time?

Postby maidenchina » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:02 pm

not that much cheaper, usually a half is around $100 or $120, so that would only be 8-20 pounds less
weed is almost definitely better here, i can tell you that
especially if you can get a compassion club membership (easy) because that weed makes street chronic look like total shit (which is quite often is)

i don't know what the deal with visas is, but you're from the commonwealth so they'd probably have no problem letting you stay here unless you have an intense criminal record
plus you could always just say you're staying for a while, i doubt they'd come looking for you and deport you, they really only do that to indians/africans/etc. or political activists which is shitty, but a reality
and there's quite a few places i've worked at which don't care if you have a social insurance number or not

n3wb

Postby syphilissauna » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:29 pm

anyword on this ?

Supah No0b

Postby Hussein » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:56 pm

it is a PUSSYshit! :evil:

Pwncore Member

Postby Cra_Core » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Any updates on the new forum/website? Looks like ih8bcore is on its last legs, with no more competitions lined up i dont know wats gonna keep peoples interest!

Supah No0b

Postby NeuroSpaz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:34 am

Still planning on producing I Hate Breakcore Magazine or PDF?

PreviousNext

Return to General