So the admin here is really in top form

Shoot the shit, and talk about whatever here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby rokhausen » Wed May 05, 2010 12:37 am

hmmm... i remember having to reprogram the triggerfinger so the pads sent out midi-cc instead of midi-note messages.

if i remember correctly, the problem was note messages are sent with a midi note value (0-127) and another "note on" message when a keyboard key is pressed down. when the key is released, the controller sends the same note value again, but with a "note off" message (also why a lot of shitty vsti synths get stuck notes, because they are poorly programmed and miss "note off" commands). depending on where you're sending the midi signal, the parameter receiving it may ignore the note off messages, so you end up having to toggle things on and off. or maybe i don't know what i'm talking about... all i know is...

reprogramming the pads to send out midi control change messages instead of midi notes made them work the way i wanted them to. i was able to do it with m-audio's enigma program, so maybe your controller has a similar software tool?

good luck. midi controllers are fun!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Wed May 05, 2010 12:58 am

rokhausen wrote:hmmm... i remember having to reprogram the triggerfinger so the pads sent out midi-cc instead of midi-note messages.

if i remember correctly, the problem was note messages are sent with a midi note value (0-127) and another "note on" message when a keyboard key is pressed down. when the key is released, the controller sends the same note value again, but with a "note off" message (also why a lot of shitty vsti synths get stuck notes, because they are poorly programmed and miss "note off" commands). depending on where you're sending the midi signal, the parameter receiving it may ignore the note off messages, so you end up having to toggle things on and off. or maybe i don't know what i'm talking about... all i know is...

reprogramming the pads to send out midi control change messages instead of midi notes made them work the way i wanted them to. i was able to do it with m-audio's enigma program, so maybe your controller has a similar software tool?

good luck. midi controllers are fun!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

you definitely do know what youre talking about, this was exactly what i was working with, my midi has a nice little bar at the top which shows the sends and mine stays at 64 after i let go of it, theres probably a way of setting the auto-off or note off that i am not configuring right, definitely worth more experimentation

thanks for such a comprehensive response :D

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Wed May 05, 2010 1:13 am

For those of us using nanokontrol shit you can just change all pads or buttons from notes to control commands and they pretty much all become momentary switches in ableton. No "hackin them mainframe" necessary.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Wed May 05, 2010 2:02 am

FIGURED IT OUT!
:D :D :D :D

<3 you guys ahah

Platinum Poster!

Postby djtheblade » Wed May 05, 2010 5:59 am

My Oxygen 8 isn't even working with my Windows 7 so I currently have no midi controller set up. Playing a gig on Friday and i'm going to look like a spiv with basically one beat mashing effect and some grainy distortion bollocks. Hopefully the awesomeness of my tune selection will distract from my lack of Dj action.

Elite!

Postby Stazma » Wed May 05, 2010 10:03 am

djtheblade wrote:My Oxygen 8 isn't even working with my Windows 7 so I currently have no midi controller set up. Playing a gig on Friday and i'm going to look like a spiv with basically one beat mashing effect and some grainy distortion bollocks. Hopefully the awesomeness of my tune selection will distract from my lack of Dj action.

That suck man ! Try Artillery 2 you will can assign a lot of effect to your computer keyboard maybe it will hepl you to have more fun into playing ;-)

For info i'm don't earn money when somebody use this vst hehehe; it's just that I think that is one of the best "live" effect, specialy for breakcore ;-)

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Wed May 05, 2010 4:23 pm

I fooled around and couldn't come up with a solution, but I did figure out how to do some crazy control mappings with the effects rack to do some even deeper customization.

I did email my friend and he said it was a controller issue. He said to set your midi controller to send a "toggle" and it should setup right.

Previous

Return to General