So yeah....

Shoot the shit, and talk about whatever here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

CoreCore Member

Postby kvkvg » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:04 am

hey, if your after free then perhaps you should try the CM stdio which comes free with CM magazine (uk). it has all the basics and vst surport and it gets updated.

many would argue that it would be better to get a crack copy of a good sequencer like cubase, ableton. but it is against the law, that one is down to your morals. you want to produce breakcore so i presume you have none :)

Hates Breakcore

Postby Thallium » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:01 am

Que?

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby fap* » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:08 am

actually, no one here supports or uses warez. we all buy the tools we use with the multi-million dollar record deals we have from producing jump-style tracks.

and i clear all my samples too!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::fap*:::::

Postby Headphoner » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:42 pm

Besides, my Ableton & Korg sponsorships just came through, I ain't got time for magazines

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:16 pm

Ha ha, jumpstyle!

CoreCore Member

Postby kvkvg » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:10 pm

my last post was a responce to a question, where did it go? i think i fucked up.

you make me laugh, but im not sure if your serious or not. is everyone here against cracked software?

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby fap* » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:26 pm

maybe

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:07 pm

Let's put it this way: I'm not FOR cracked software. If I use a product a lot and I like it, I will pay for it. However, if a company does not offer a free unlimited and unrestricted trial then they leave me with little other choice. When a company charges upwards of £100 for their software, I like to try before I buy and if I see the price is justified then I am more than happy to put up the money. Not that I have so far but, then again, I have only just started.

CoreCore Member

Postby kvkvg » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:51 pm

my thoughts exactly. if you can afford it, then you should buy it. but ultimatly its music that counts. if it can only be created on stolen sftware then so be it. it would be a shame if we neve herd venetian snares just cos he couldn't afford to pay for a program.

which brings me to another point, i dont understand the pricing guidlines for software. how can you justify charging 400 quid for cubase and only 50 for renoise? i know they are very diffrnt programs and cubase has more to offer, but 350 pounds more? and all a program is is rehashed code. a painter cant resale his paintings multiple times, nor can a carpinter when he makes a table.

but at the same time, i marvel at what these programs can do compared to 10 years ago. the people who make this shit deserve payment. it would be a shame if we never herd venetian snares because nobody could ever afford to make a music program.

personally i reckon that major music labels and their artists should be forced to compensate program manufactures for the damage we all cause. they make the majority of the profit from creatitvity, without ever being creative themselves. this would alow indipendent artists and labels to hone their skills without restriction and allow program developers to continue making wicked tools for our evil.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby vank » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:15 am

fap* wrote:.

actually, no one here supports or uses warez. we all buy the tools we use with the multi-million dollar record deals we have from producing jump-style tracks.

where was I when the jumpstyle studio session happend?!

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby fap* » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:21 am

vank wrote:where was I when the jumpstyle studio session happend?!

see what happens when you spend too much time in oakland. scooter came over with bigfoot and the loc ness monster...it was epic...everyone was dressed like vikings...we pillaged the mall. then we went bowling with the goths and we all ended up at alec empires house.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby vank » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:33 am

fap* wrote:
vank wrote:where was I when the jumpstyle studio session happend?!

see what happens when you spend too much time in oakland. scooter came over with bigfoot and the loc ness monster...it was epic...everyone was dressed like vikings...we pillaged the mall. then we went bowling with the goths and we all ended up at alec empires house.

whaaaat?! really, scooter AND bigfoot?? dammit. where does alec live, i bet in oakpark.

I got mugged, and all I got was this t-shirt.

Hates Breakcore

Postby Thallium » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:40 pm

Silent Frog wrote:Let's put it this way: I'm not FOR cracked software. If I use a product a lot and I like it, I will pay for it. However, if a company does not offer a free unlimited and unrestricted trial then they leave me with little other choice.

An unlimited, unrestricted trial is called a FULL program. All standard trials have restrictions.

Supah No0b

Postby hardtimes » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:06 am

fap* wrote:.

:lol:

Return to General