Notes on Breakcore (documentary)

Shoot the shit, and talk about whatever here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Postby Mighty » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:00 pm

bedrooms are for sodomy, write musiz in tha park doodz
-Mighty

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:01 pm

My bedroom is multipurpose, i designed it that way.

CoreCore Member

Postby Alan_ » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:36 pm

I'm currently sharing my bedroom with my records, computer, turntables and mixer, a bass guitar, and 2 sets of monitor speakers...the room is like 10x10 feet. I don't know how I fit it all in there.

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:42 pm

hue-e wrote:the more I read shit threads like this, the closer breakcore comes to being like the drum and bass scene. :roll:

am I on the dogs on acid forum??

stupid
Last edited by weyheyhey !! on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Supah No0b

Postby speedcore_whore » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:10 am

PEPCORE wrote:Btw,. i'm a bedroom producer, and proud of it, hell yeah!

I'm a bedroom producer also... altho ive never actually made a track in my bedroom... :lol: :lol: :lol: ya get me? :twisted:

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:11 am

Nice, you wanna sleep with me. :)

Pwncall Member

Postby hue-e » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:04 pm

weyheyhey !! wrote:
hue-e wrote:the more I read shit threads like this, the closer breakcore comes to being like the drum and bass scene. :roll:

stupid

thanks, but you misunderstood what I said. I'm talking about shoddy production, not the style. Style-wise, anything goes. I hear tons of stuff of massively varying styles and think yeah, it's got potential, just needs an experienced hand here or there to tweak a few parts.

The problem with what you're saying is that you're assuming they're all creating something original, when they're not. Some are of course. But a lot are just immitating existing styles - nothing wrong with that at all, but then if you do that then you will naturally be judged next to the object you're immitating and then that's when the shoddy production stands out.

a) I wasn't singling any one person out.

b) I dont assume anything. Just because someone makes something and is proud of it, doesn't necessarily mean that I like it or that I might not have a suggestion or two. It just means I respect people that take a chance to create something.

art is art, even if it's only for the person creating it.
hue-e
[ www.destroyer.net | www.usjungle.net | www.devilmusicmusic.com | www.hue-e.com - austin, tx]

**DUMPSTER DUO w/ HUE-E & ALAN**
LIVE ON www.destroyer.net/radio
EVERY TUESDAY, 6-8PM CST

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby Lycan » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:42 pm

speedcore_whore wrote:
PEPCORE wrote:Btw,. i'm a bedroom producer, and proud of it, hell yeah!

I'm a bedroom producer also...

same, although sometimes I'm a livingroom producer. and on rare occasions, a bathroom producers.

\m/

n3wb

Postby bleakcunt » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:50 am

well i am gonna contradict nearly everything i wrote on here cos i have recently heard some venetian snares...early stuff apparently (a friend played it to me)...and it rocked! so shoot me now :twisted: and for the record : i am a fucking bedtomb producer! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Three Poster

Postby Nylez » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:08 pm

Noice!

Pwner

Postby pimperteen » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:10 pm

bleakcunt wrote:well i am gonna contradict nearly everything i wrote on here cos i have recently heard some venetian snares...early stuff apparently (a friend played it to me)...and it rocked! so shoot me now :twisted: and for the record : i am a fucking bedtomb producer! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

check out Greg Hates Car Culture, his first release. its fucking well heavy.

Breakcore Member

Postby Fulf » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:43 am

A favourite quote I read by some guy on the Drum and Bass Arena forums:

Breakcore - made by cunts, for cunts

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby Neppi » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:43 pm

Silent Frog wrote:I agree with most of what Thallium said but I think part of the perceived problem is not that a lot of bedroom producers are half-hearted in their approach but more that they produce a lot of unfinished work. It is a lot easier now with the internet than before to display work in progress and to get feedback. You no longer have to polish a release before displaying it, you can stick your track up on myspace and see what people think. The problem is, people now get bored quickly and move on to other projects without going back to finish what they have started.

(In fact I think that's what you may have said anyway...)

i can agree with this.

Postby Neppi » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:44 pm

hue-e wrote:for an open ended genre like breakcore, some of you people seem to have a really ghey systematic thinking about the way things should be done.

personally, I don't think there's a right or wrong way to write this or any other type of music. just do what sounds good to you.

bedroom producers turning out utter crap?, did some of you consider that maybe they like what they turned out? or maybe they worked hard on it and are proud of it? might be shit to you, but an accomplishment to the producer.

the more I read shit threads like this, the closer breakcore comes to being like the drum and bass scene. :roll:

stupid

hahah. well said.

the more time we spend/waste trying to define what something is supposed to be or sound like, the less time we are actually innovating and creating what could be.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby xTxRxAxVxIxSx » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:48 pm

weyheyhey !! wrote:i'm sick of people spamming me with 10 fucking bulletins a day on myspazz going "omg! new track! plz leave me comments plz plz plz !!", only to discover it's some 1m30s random shitty crap jam in fruity loops and they've only been producing for a fortnight. i don't bother going back get me.

Haha, that's basically my entire catalog of music right there (aside from the bulletins thing). I've put out something like 70 tracks this year alone...

I'm not trying to make 'legit' music in the first place, but some of my stuff could use some work. I just make the songs that *I* like, and try not to release them until I can listen to it without getting tired of it. So I'm definitely a believer of quality>quantity, but if I have an idea I just have to put it down, then I usually end up putting it out.

But, I have been at FruityLoops for a few years now... Should probably start trying some more serious stuff. :P

OH, but about the documentary, I watched it a while ago, and thought it was pretty good. Vsnares does seem pretty egotistical, which is a shame, but mostly everyone else seemed really cool.

PreviousNext

Return to General