remember when bcore wasnt a fad?

General Discussion of all Events.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Pwncore Member

Postby ny4rl4thot3p » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:17 pm

breakcore is what happens to junglists who get sick of going to raves and watching happycore kids puddled out, and jungle producers getting lazy while the same dj plays the same choons every single event.

actually, i pulled that out of my ass.

i don't think breakcore is much of a trend, anymore than industrial or noise is. and it varies by city too, because even just in michigan, the ann arbor breakcore crew is a lot different than the detroit breakcore crew.

there are hipster fags in breakcore, just like there are in every subculture based on a music genre. there are pretentious fucks in breakcore just like there are in every music scene.

i do remember though, when i first heard about breakcore and the only artists i really knew were knifehandchop, soundmurderer (who i'm still dubious on considering breakcore) and vsnares. i also don't even really know what is really considered breakcore, versus other forms of more experimental music. i just call it all breakcore. i don't give a fuck about genres. i can't even genrify my own music. i take too many influences from too many styles. that's more the problem than anything. people want to break down and categorize everything to death when it's not neccessary. broken beats are broken beats, at 150 bpm or 200 bpm. if there's distortion, so be it. if there are trance arps, cool too. whatever. i don't give a fuck, and i'm not sure i understand why everyone else seems to be obsessed with categorizing shit to death.

i mean dude, i remember when there was just trance, jungle, breaks, hardcore. now you have like 50 subgenres for trance, another 30 for hardcore, and even more for jungle and breaks. it's disgusting to me. it's all electronic music. some of it's weaksauce. some of it's fucking amazing.

/rant.
<a href="http://www.soundcloud.com/nyarlathotep">"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - A. Huxley</a>

Supah No0b

Postby MaliciousDuck » Thu May 22, 2008 9:52 pm

wtf? Breakcore was a fad? damn...guess im just lucky

Previous

Return to Genereal Discussion