venetian snares worth seeing?

General Discussion of all Events.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

venetian snares worth seeing?

Postby epileptic_moyil » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:03 pm

love the records, and know he's coming around. but i heard he's basically spinning CDs of himself. dunno if they are even custom mixes or what.

anyone seen him before? does the energy and volume merit actually paying to stand in front of him and watch him?

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:13 pm

Depends on his mood. When I saw him at Dour in Belgium last year it was up there with the best things I have ever seen live. Two hours of pure beats and chaos! Everyone was hyped up by the end of it, even the moderates among the crowd loved the 15 minutes of speedcore at the end. There was waterfalls of sweat pouring from the roof!

I saw him at Glade a week later and it was the complete opposite. He couldn't be bothered and doesn't care about trying for his fans. 30 minutes in, he stormed off stage. Haven't listened to him since.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby Red Sparowe » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:29 pm

I saw him at Dour last year too. It was fucking cool and i'm glad i saw him... probably wouldn't be too fussed about seeing him ever again. I think its the same with any big act of any type of music, see them just to say you have... I think Dour may have been lucky because every other live experience anyone has ever mentioned has always focused on the fact that he is a massive, massive cunt.

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:42 pm

i've been to see him play four times and they were all spot on. plays a nice selection, old and new... tears the place up. i've never sweated so much :)

you can't miss it if you're a snares fan

Postby epileptic_moyil » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:23 pm

Red Sparowe wrote:he is a massive, massive cunt.

haha well did you see the breakcore documentary trailer (i dont know if the doc's done yet)? at the end of the trailer he says "everyone else in this film is a TWAT" pretty funny

thanks for the opinions ppl keep em coming

Three Poster

Postby Shane » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:54 am

This is relevant to my interests...

I've been a fan of Aaron's work for a while, so this stuff's interesting to know. Looks like I shouldn't go with high expectations?
<a href="http://www.rambusco.com"></a>

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:55 pm

Shane wrote:This is relevant to my interests...

I've been a fan of Aaron's work for a while, so this stuff's interesting to know. Looks like I shouldn't go with high expectations?

No. Go with high expectations because on a good day, he's fantastic. Just be prepared for the possibility of some cuntish behaviour!

CoreCore Member

Postby birth control » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:59 pm

Silent Frog wrote:I saw him at Glade a week later and it was the complete opposite. He couldn't be bothered and doesn't care about trying for his fans. 30 minutes in, he stormed off stage. Haven't listened to him since.

Wasn't there problems with a DI box at Glade resulting in a awful sound. It hardly compliments your own art when you have to play it on a system that doesn't function. It's also hardly very complimentary to have fans that don't notice this is happening and would probably still be happy if he stood there with a massive smile on his face waving at everyone.

Because of the pride he took in his sound you decided never to listen to him again? aha, excellent.

On topic, I seen him on the last date of the planet mu tour in Berlin, Maria am Ostbahnhof 2006...I was lucky to witness what I witnessed, like pretty much anyone will tell you who was at that night. Evil.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:36 pm

birth control wrote:
Silent Frog wrote:I saw him at Glade a week later and it was the complete opposite. He couldn't be bothered and doesn't care about trying for his fans. 30 minutes in, he stormed off stage. Haven't listened to him since.

Wasn't there problems with a DI box at Glade resulting in a awful sound. It hardly compliments your own art when you have to play it on a system that doesn't function. It's also hardly very complimentary to have fans that don't notice this is happening and would probably still be happy if he stood there with a massive smile on his face waving at everyone.

Because of the pride he took in his sound you decided never to listen to him again? aha, excellent.

All artists suffered from the same problem from low sound levels in the Overkill tent that weekend. They had all been briefed on the fact that, due to complaints from locals on previous years, there were heavy restrictions on db levels. All the other artists played through this and artists such as Aaron Spektre, DJ Producer and the others that played on the first night had to play in a swamp with mud being flung everywhere, barely being able to hear their own sound because of the flooding that happened earlier. Despite all this, every artist gave it their all and played through this adversity, all except Venetian Snares. He gave the impression from the start that he didn't want to be there and was very abusive to the staff and the sound techs at the Overkill stage before storming off.

Performing live is not meant to be about yourself, it is about giving other people your music. It doesn't matter if you are struggling to hear it (though from what I've heard from the organisers, there was nothing especially wrong with his sound, he just wanted it louder). When Radiohead headlined the second stage at Glastonbury about a decade ago, torrential rain wiped out the sound on their monitors so they couldn't hear a thing. They still continued to perform their entire set because their fans had turned up to see them. It is a "compliment to your own art" if you do continue to play despite technical problems and show you are a real musician rather than a jumped up celebrity.

As for not listening to him any more, it didn't take much as I find most of his work boring anyway. That said, his new single is mind-blowing in places.

Three Poster

Postby aEroPunk » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:41 pm

ef korse...

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby fap* » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:13 am

heh, i saw in in 1993 on the 'see the light tour'

he walked out on stage, hit play on his DAT and walked off.

some guy came up and danced on stage.

i have read that he actually sat on the floor somewhere and played, but i dont think so.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::fap*:::::

Supah No0b

Postby CyberII » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:29 pm

saw him in moscow last year, i actually wasn't going to, but couple of my friends persuaded me
that was definitely worth
In Dust We Trust

Supah No0b

Postby The Guy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:58 pm

I saw him last month for the first time in Chicago and I was great. I would go if you know what is good for you.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby fap* » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:04 am

if given the option to go or not, i would go

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::fap*:::::

Breakcore Member

Postby gnom_maroder » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:31 am

CyberII wrote:saw him in moscow last year, i actually wasn't going to, but couple of my friends persuaded me
that was definitely worth

yeah, he played in Abracadabra in april
I missed it :( :( :(

Next

Return to Genereal Discussion