Acrnym

Gotta talk about that new album... this is the place.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Most Valuable Poster!

Acrnym

Postby Silent Frog » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:11 pm

Anyone heard his latest album "Flowers"? I love what I've heard of him before but the only review of this I've found wasn't too positive.

Postby ehanson » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:18 pm

i haven't heard this one yet, i've been looking for audio samples on the net but haven't found much. anyway it's been sitting in my virtual shopping cart for sometime but i haven't ordered it yet. his death$ucker 12" sounds pretty descent, i haven't ordered that yet either though.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:07 pm

I actually bought it a week after release. It's a really good album. Bit more IDM than his Death$ucker release in places but it's done really well. It's like if Clark listened to more Gabba. Well worth a look. If I get time I might get round to writing a review for it.

Postby ehanson » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:41 am

cool, i'll definitely pick it up then, thanks :D

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:18 am

No worries. Let me know how you like it.

Pwncall Member

Postby Gostek » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:17 pm

Definitely massiv. Of Corset Horse, Cuddle and Megastation Mod ENV are real groundbreakers for me. Repeat is nice too :)

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:46 pm

there's some serious Vsnares ripping-offing on this. big time. 'repeat' sounds exactly like one off of 'Cavalcade of Glee...'. i guess lots of us are guilty of that, tho not sure if i've got the balls to press it onto CD/vinyl.

album is great in places, 'knife' is good. i found it to be a little too much of a mixed bag, and i'm not a fan of the IDM beeps and squonks. Overall, I like it, the guy is awesome at beat programming. I bought a copy because...well.. you gotta look after your own antcha .. ?

Three Poster

Postby Mikkofess » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:32 pm

its the same sound as vsnares, and nothing new about it.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby Lycan » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:31 pm

YES. this album rocks. Every fuckin tunes. So great. Especially "Knife." Epic bidness!

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:43 pm

I've always thought, that, Acrnym's song "Repeat" off that album, sounds quite a lot like "Plunigng Hornets" (we all know who by), to a ridiculous degree. However after listening to both, I must say I prefer "Repeat", It's got a slammin groove in it which is a lot easier on the ears than "Listen to the drum machine!", my opinion.

Coincidentally, anyone have a torrent or summing, for either "Hello Alphabet!" or "Flowers"? would be very much appreciated by yours truly.
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:28 pm

dude is a rip off for sure, he's got some good ideas but as far as sound design i know he can't make gabber kicks for sure because he's still using this gabber kick sample pack i gave to saskrotch years ago.

i asked snares what he thought about his release on sublight and he said that he didn't know what aaron was thinking about when he added him to the label and that he doesn't know what to think of his release.

i could see why his reviews would be bad, i just hope the guy has developed his own sound and learned a few things since the last time i heard his stuff
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

Pwner

Postby pimperteen » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:40 pm

jeez, will you stop name-dropping :shock:

And gabber kicks, are you kidding me? Honey, those kicks are in about 50 different packs all over the internet.

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:59 am

pimperteen wrote:jeez, will you stop name-dropping :shock:

And gabber kicks, are you kidding me? Honey, those kicks are in about 50 different packs all over the internet.

listen up buttercup, someone had mention his blaintent rip off of snares.

i'm not name dropping to sound cool, i gives a mad fuck if i look cool on the internet. you do realize how small this scene is right where even the most admired to the least admired people can easily be contacted.

if i would have known that saskrotch's name was gonna make you bitch i would have held back

and as far as gabber kick sample packs it had nothing to do with that it was a collection of gabber kicks i had made that i didn't want shared and the fucker went ahead and did so. and i end up hearing my kicks in his songs.

if you took the time to create samples you would be disappointed if it got into the wrong hands also.

gabber kick sample packs are just as useless as bass and bassline sample packs.

it's all about making that shit all by yerself from scratch son!

imo

Postby [blaerg.] » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:16 pm

producer_snafu wrote:i gives a mad fuck if i look cool on the internet.

that's a laugh and you know it!

:D

ps the word is "blatant".

pps and acronym gets a thumbs down from me.

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:36 am

ps the word is "blatant".

damn it, i looked up that word on dictionary.com because i knew i spelled it wrong and forgot to paste the correct spelling.

i fail =/

ps it's spelled acrnym

Next

Return to New Releases